The biggest challenge that most coaches claim to be having, is getting visibility for their services – they are challenged to get their targeted client group interested in their service offerings.
The next biggest challenge that coaches claim to have, is: how to find the time and money to be able to afford visibility. Whereby “visibility” in this context is often (mis-)understood and is generally attributed to things like: – doing advertising, – having a website, – figuring out the SEO terms for said website, managing a social media presence … and and and… Whereby some coaches may do online advertising; and some invest, maintain and manage a group on a social media (i.e. Facebook) platform, they are not achieving the results they would like to have. There is another option open to coaches who want to generate more attention to their services: public relations campaigning.
Public relations campaigning isn’t about a press release that you throw over the fence to the local newspaper – no, it is all about creating a relationship with your publics – and your publics are anyone who may have any kind of interaction with you.
This course includes four workshops, which we cover over the course of 4 weeks, and then a follow-up for two weeks where we are meeting to exchange our experiences, get support, and report back to our accountability partners.
Workshop 1. What is PR (and why it is valuable for you to include PR in your marketing efforts) – and what is it not! (The biggest misunderstanding of them all!)
Workshop 2. Who: – are you as a coach; -are you serving; – do you want to reach; and why are you bothering anyway?
Workshop 3. What’s the news? (What makes for “news” and is news-worthy?) How do you make your news attractive and what’s the CTA?
Workshop 4: The documents you need to create, around the message you want to share. Now it all comes down to sharing the news while putting an emphasis on why someone in your local community should care.
To get the most out of these workshop sessions, you will be expected to complete homework which we’ll go over together in the following session.
- 4 workshops at 90 minutes each over the course of 4 weeks
- 2 accountability support sessions over the course of 2 weeks, at 90 to 120 minutes each
- LIVE ZOOM Training.
- Workbooks and resources for further exploration.
- Information packed practical training starting from the basics of public relations
- Best suitable for business owners with a real desire to actively participate and do the homework.
- Course content designed around the current Inbound Marketing Age requirements.
- Practical assignments at the end of every session.
- Practical learning experience with examples and exercies.